While Presque Isle State Park is mostly known for it’s endless summer activities, winter on Lake Erie can be fun too. Sometimes there is nothing better than curling up under a blanket, in front of a warm fire, watching a blizzard blow in over Lake Erie. Those with an adventurous spirit may be up for more challenging activities during the winter months. Below is a list of fun winter activities in and around Presque Isle and Lake Erie.
- Bundle up and rent cross country skis at Presque Isle. Cross Country skis can be rented at Shelter Two near the water works. Trails are plentiful around Shelter Two and the views are breathtaking during the winter months.
- Lace up your ice skates and skate around Presque Isle Bay. There is plenty of room to skate and enjoy views of the city of Erie on Presque Isle Bay not the bay. Check ice conditions before heading out.
- Ice Fishing is extremely popular once the weather gets cold. Anyone who visits Presque Isle during the winter months will undoubtedly see colorful ice fishing shelters dotting Presque Isle Bay.
- If you’re the indoor type spend the day with the family at Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park, where it’s always summer inside. Sometimes, during the winter, it feels good to throw on a bathing suit and go for a swim! www.splashlagoon.com.
- Adventurous types will love Peek n Peak ski resort, which is only about 30 miles from Erie. With over 16 downhill trails and a tubing park it’s a short trip from the cottages to enjoy a day on the slopes.
- As summer activities wind down and holidays come to a close why not consider a romantic weekend away with your significant other. Contact Molly at firstname.lastname@example.org to as about our romantic weekend getaway packages, which include dinner prepared by a personal chef, onsite couple’s massage, and bottle of champagne upon arrival.
- Kids will love spending a few hours at the new indoor trampoline park, Get Air. The large facility has areas for toddlers and older kids. It’s a sure fire way to get the blood pumping on a cold day.
Winter can be long and cold but can also be enjoyable!